About the Tyrone Constitution

The Tyrone Constitution was established in 1844, the oldest newspaper
in the county, and one of the longest-running in Northern Ireland. It circulates in a wide area of Tyrone, stretching from the Clogher
Valley in the South to the Sperrin Mountains in the North and also
penetrates into North Fermanagh.
Omagh, the market county town of Tyrone, is at the heart of the
circulation area and where the newspaper's editorial and advertising
offices are sited.
Although covering a largely rural area, there are significant
business and commercial centres dotted throughout the sprawling
circulation area.
The Constitution has long been known for its in-depth coverage of
community life and issues that concern the local populace. This was
recognised when it received the Northern Ireland and UK Weekly
Newspaper of the Year accolade in 1999.
At the heart of the community, the Constitution covers the full
spectrum of local life, right across the communities. With its finger
on the pulse of developments in local government, health, education,
policing, agriculture, arts and culture, and sport, the newspaper
also prides itself on its contribution from village and church
correspondents, right across its area.